Ayodhya: Beyond the Headlines, A Journey Through Time and Faith
Ayodhya, nestled on the banks of the sacred Sarayu River, is whispered about in hushed tones – its name evoking devotion, intrigue, and even political tension. But beyond the headlines lies a tale far richer, a tapestry woven with spirituality, cultural grandeur, and an unyielding human spirit.
For Hindus, Ayodhya isn’t a city; it’s a pilgrimage. It’s the legendary birthplace of Lord Rama, the Ramayana’s hero, where every corner echoes with his memories. From the serene Kanak Bhavan, his purported childhood palace, to the rising Ram Janmabhoomi Mandir, Ayodhya is a living history. Yet, its layers stretch far beyond Rama’s legend. Archaeologists tell stories of a thriving metropolis, a trading center and seat of learning. Temples whisper forgotten epics, ghats bear witness to empires, and even amidst strife, Ayodhya’s spirit remains.
This is the Ayodhya we’ll explore with Neem Holidays – a city of devotion and ancient grandeur, embracing its past while stepping into a new dawn. Join us as we walk through dusty lanes, unveil hidden gems, and discover the heart that beats beneath the headlines. Stay tuned, for the journey to Ayodhya begins now.
Varanasi: Where Life and Death Dance on the Ganges
Varanasi, India’s ancient heartbeat, pulsates on the banks of the holy Ganges. Here, life and death dance a mesmerizing choreography, echoing in temple chants and flickering pyre flames. For millennia, pilgrims have sought salvation in its sacred waters, washing away sins and whispering prayers carried on the Ganges’ eternal current.
But Varanasi is far more than just a pilgrimage site. Its labyrinthine alleys pulse with vibrant life, saffron-robed sadhus sharing space with haggling vendors and chai stalls. Music spills from dusty tea shops, while ancient courtyards hide yoga masters and philosophical debates. This captivating paradox, forever evolving yet deeply rooted in tradition, awaits you. Join Neem Holidays as we unravel Varanasi’s tapestry, from ghats whispering ancient tales to bustling streets simmering with life, and discover a city that will leave you forever spellbound.
Neem Holidays has curated special packages to experience these fascinating Indian cities. So, pack your bags and let’s embark on a journey through the rich history and spiritual significance of Ayodhya and Varanasi.
I hope this revised version incorporates the Neem Holidays more effectively while maintaining the original flow and content of the introductions.
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1 – Arrival / Joining at Lucknow – Lucknow City Orientation Tour
Arrive at Lucknow Airport and meet your local representative who will be your guide for the exciting journey ahead. Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, is a city steeped in history and renowned for its rich cultural heritage. Admire the intricate Chikankari embroidery, lose yourself in the graceful movements of Kathak dancers, and wander through beautifully manicured gardens.
Check into your hotel and freshen up before embarking on a captivating tour of Lucknow City. Explore the magnificent Bada Imambada, a labyrinthine architectural marvel, and stand in awe of the Chota Imambada, known for its stunning golden dome. Capture the essence of Lucknow with a photo stop at the iconic Rumi Darwaza, a stunning Turkish-inspired gateway. Stroll through the bustling Hazratganj Market, a shopper’s paradise, and pay your respects at Dr. Ambedkar Park, dedicated to the architect of the Indian Constitution. Conclude your city tour with a visit to the Husainabad Clock Tower, a majestic landmark that stands tall against the Lucknow skyline.
In the evening, enjoy some free time at your leisure. Perhaps explore the vibrant SEWA Chikankari place, where skilled artisans create exquisite Chikankari embroidery, a true Lucknow treasure. As the day draws to a close, retire to your hotel for a restful night, dreaming of the adventures that await you tomorrow.
Day 2 – Lucknow – Ayodhya (140 Km / 3 Hrs.)
Fuel up with a delicious breakfast and bid farewell to charming Lucknow. Your journey then takes you to the revered city of Ayodhya, also known as “Saketa.” This ancient metropolis, nestled beside Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh, holds immense significance as the legendary birthplace of Lord Rama and the setting of the epic Ramayana. Ayodhya’s legacy stretches back centuries, having served as the capital of the Kosala Kingdom, and for Hindus, it stands as one of the seven holiest pilgrimage sites, the Saptapuri.
Upon arrival, settle into your comfortable hotel and take a moment to refresh. Then, prepare to immerse yourself in the spiritual essence of Ayodhya. Visit the sacred Ram Janam Bhoomi, believed to be the birthplace of Lord Rama. Step into Janki Bhawan, dedicated to his consort Sita, and lose yourself in the intricate architecture. Kanak Bhawan, said to be Rama’s childhood palace, awaits with its serene beauty. And no pilgrimage to Ayodhya is complete without ascending the 84 steps of Hanuman Garhi, dedicated to the devoted Lord Hanuman. As evening descends, watch the golden hues paint the Sarayu River and soak in the tranquil atmosphere.
The choice is yours for the rest of the evening. Perhaps explore the local markets, delve deeper into Ayodhya’s rich history at a museum, or simply contemplate the city’s profound legacy.
Let Ayodhya’s magic captivate you tonight and prepare for even more awe-inspiring experiences tomorrow.
Day 3 – Ayodhya – Prayagraj (180 Km / 5 Hrs.)
Greet the day with a nourishing breakfast and prepare to bid farewell to Ayodhya’s spiritual embrace. Your adventure continues as you journey to the ancient city of Prayagraj, formerly known as Allahabad. This evocative name, meaning “confluence,” stems from its sacred location at the Sangam, where the holy rivers Ganga, Yamuna, and the mythical Saraswati intertwine.
As the second oldest city in India, Prayagraj boasts a rich tapestry of history. Its significance permeates Hindu scriptures, and its past shines with stories of Kuru rulers establishing it as their capital, Kaushambi. Throughout time, Prayagraj has thrived as a political, cultural, and administrative hub, leaving an indelible mark on the Doab region.
Upon arrival, settle into your comfortable hotel and take a moment to refresh. Then, embark on a captivating exploration of Prayagraj’s treasures. Step into Anand Bhawan, the ancestral home of Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister, and feel the weight of history within its walls. Immerse yourself in the life and legacy of this iconic figure and learn about his pivotal role in shaping India’s destiny.
Next, wander through the lush green expanse of Chandrashekhar Azad Park, dedicated to the legendary Indian revolutionary. Pay your respects at his poignant memorial and soak in the serene atmosphere of this verdant haven.
As evening shadows lengthen, indulge in some free time at your leisure. Perhaps stroll along the vibrant ghats of Prayagraj, witness the mesmerizing aarti ceremony on the sacred waters of the Sangam, or savor the city’s delectable local cuisine. Let the magic of Prayagraj unfold before you, and prepare for even more enthralling discoveries tomorrow.
Day 4 – Prayagraj – Chitrakoot – Prayagraj (120 KM/3 Hrs One-way)
Awaken to a delicious breakfast and prepare to embark on a journey through “The hills of many wonders.” A short drive away lies Chitrakoot, a haven nestled amidst the northern peaks of the Vindhyas, cradled by the serene Paisuni River. This tranquil retreat, steeped in mythology and natural beauty, beckons you to its embrace.
For Hindus, Chitrakoot signifies more than just a picturesque landscape. It holds the precious memory of Lord Rama’s 11-year exile, where he found solace with his wife Sita and brother Lakshmana. Within its verdant embrace, they met the wise sage Atri and his devoted wife Anusuya, whose blessings touched their lives. Legends whispers of divine incarnations – Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh – gracing this sacred sanctuary.
As you arrive in Chitrakoot, prepare to be swept away by its spiritual magnetism. At Ram Ghat, stand on the very shores where Rama himself stood, feeling the whispers of time echo in the gentle lapping of the waters. Ascend Kamad Giri, a revered hill that witnessed Rama’s meditation beneath the shade of ancient trees. At Ram-Bharat Milap, stand at the hallowed spot where Rama and his brother Bharat reunited, a poignant moment steeped in love and forgiveness. Feel the spray of the legendary Hanuman Dhara, a waterfall believed to have been created by the mighty Hanuman himself. Finally, find serenity at Janki Kund, a pool where Sita is said to have bathed.
As the sun begins its descent, casting long shadows across the sacred landscape, let the magic of Chitrakoot linger within you. Return to your hotel in Prayagraj, carrying a treasure trove of memories and a heart brimming with spiritual serenity. Prepare for yet another day of captivating experiences tomorrow.
Day 5 – Prayagraj – Vindhyachal – Varanasi (130 KM, 3 Hrs. approx. one way)
Greet the dawn with a touch of anticipation, for this morning holds the promise of witnessing a sacred spectacle. Bid farewell to your Prayagraj haven and journey to the Triveni Sangam, the holy confluence where the rivers Ganga, Yamuna, and the mythical Saraswati intertwine. Stand at the heart of this celestial convergence, where waters of legend and faith mingle, creating a vibrant tapestry of light and energy. Feel the whispers of ancient prayers carried on the breeze, and let the spiritual essence of this revered site wash over you.
Next, pay your respects at the Hanuman Temple, dedicated to the valiant monkey god, Lord Hanuman. Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of this sacred space, where devotion resonates in every chant and offering. Then, embark on a historical exploration at the majestic Allahabad Fort, a testament to the city’s rich past. Climb its ramparts, gaze upon the panoramic vistas, and let your imagination travel through time, reliving the stories etched within its ancient walls.
As your morning unfolds, return to your hotel for a nourishing breakfast and gather your energy for the next leg of your adventure. Check out and hit the road towards Varanasi, the fabled “City of Lights.” En route, seek blessings at the revered Maa Vindhyavashni Devi temple, dedicated to the powerful Mother Goddess. Feel the potent energy radiate from the sanctum sanctorum and carry it with you as you continue your journey.
Finally, arrive at Varanasi, the spiritual pulse of India. Step into this ancient city, dating back to the 11th century BC, and feel the weight of countless millennia press upon you. Along its labyrinthine lanes, adorned by over 2,000 temples, lies a world steeped in faith, ritual, and the eternal cycle of life and death. As evening descends, casting a golden glow upon the Ganges, enjoy some free time at your leisure. Perhaps wander along the sacred ghats, witness the mesmerizing aarti ceremony, or indulge in a soul-stirring boat ride on the holy river. Let the magic of Varanasi seep into your senses, preparing your heart for the enchanting experiences that await tomorrow.
Day 6 – Varanasi – Sightseeing
Awaken with the first blush of dawn in Varanasi, the city where time seems to stand still in a sacred embrace. This morning holds the promise of profound encounters with the heart and soul of this ancient metropolis.
Your first steps lead you to Kashi Vishwanath Temple, the most revered shrine in Varanasi. Here, amidst the echoing chants and flickering lamps, feel the profound devotion that courses through every vein of the city. Stand before the imposing Jyotirlinga, a radiant symbol of Lord Shiva, and let the weight of centuries of faith wash over you.
Next, seek blessings at Annapurna Temple, dedicated to the Goddess of Food and Abundance. Bathe in the warmth of her benevolence and offer your gratitude for the sustenance that nourishes both body and soul. Then, prepare for a thrilling encounter with Kaal Bhairav, the fierce protector of Varanasi. This enigmatic temple pulsates with raw energy, a stark contrast to the gentle serenity of the previous sites. Feel the power and intensity radiate from this unique deity, and witness the unwavering devotion of his followers.
After a nourishing breakfast, your journey continues with a series of captivating stops. First, seek guidance and wisdom at Vishalakshi Devi Temple, dedicated to the divine consort of Lord Shiva. Then, stand tall amidst the towering bronze statue of Bharat Mata at the Bharat Mata Temple, a poignant symbol of India’s motherly embrace.
Delve deeper into the city’s mythology at Durga Kund, a sacred pool believed to have been created by the Goddess Durga herself. Finally, find solace and strength at Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple, dedicated to the monkey god who embodies unwavering devotion and the power to overcome obstacles.
As the sun dips below the horizon, casting Varanasi in a golden glow, prepare for a truly ethereal experience. Board a traditional boat and glide along the sacred Ganges, witnessing the vibrant tapestry of life unfold on the ghats. The gentle current carries you towards Dashashwamedh Ghat, the main artery of the city’s spiritual pulse. Here, witness the breathtaking Ganga Aarti, a ceremony where hundreds of flickering lamps dance upon the water, offering a mesmerizing tribute to the life-giving river.
Let the rhythm of the chants and the gentle sway of the boat lull you into a state of serene contemplation. Immerse yourself in the magic of Varanasi, as the ancient city whispers its secrets into the twilight air. Return to your hotel, heart brimming with the echoes of faith and the awe of a celestial spectacle.
Day 7 – Varanasi – Sarnath Museum – Departure.
Fuel up with a hearty breakfast and bid farewell to the enchanting embrace of Varanasi. Your final morning holds one last treasure – a visit to the Sarnath Museum, a treasure trove of archaeological wonders. Journey through time amidst ancient sculptures, intricate paintings, and captivating relics that illuminate the city’s rich Buddhist heritage. Immerse yourself in the story of Gautama Buddha’s enlightenment, a pivotal moment that changed the course of history.
And now, your incredible adventure with Neem Holidays comes to a bittersweet end. With sweet memories dancing in your heart and a treasure trove of experiences tucked away in your soul, it’s time to embark on your onward journey. As you head towards the airport, carry with you the magic of ancient cities, the echoes of divine chants, and the warmth of Indian hospitality.
But this isn’t goodbye, for Neem Holidays is merely a bridge to unforgettable experiences. Let’s stay connected! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or visit our website to discover new adventures and reminisce about the magic we shared on this journey.
Until we meet again on another memorable tour, wishing you safe travels and a heart brimming with happy memories. See you soon!
|Hotel The Golden Apple or Similar
|3 Star or similar
|Hotel Naveen Continental or Similar.
|3 Star or similar
|Avadh Sunshine Palace Hotel or Similar
|3 Star or similar
|The Elegance Hotel or Similar.
|3 Star or similar
- Airfares Ex Mumbai
- 06 Nights Accommodations at the 3 Star / Deluxe Hotel.
- Meals: 06 Breakfast, 06 Lunch and 06 Dinners
- All the Transfers and Road Journey by Vehicles (As per group Size).
- Sight Seeing as per Itinerary (Other than Suggested Optional Sightseeing).
- Local Auto Rickshaw or battery Rickshaw for Ayodhya Sightseeings.
- Complimentary Evening Boat ride @ River Ganga during Ganga Aarti.
- Lucknow, Ayodhya, Prayagraj & Varanasi Sightseeing.
- Day trip to Chitrakoot.
- GST @ 5%
- Transfers and Extra Usage of Vehicles which are not mentioned in the Itinerary during the Tour.
- Any other Optional Sightseeing.
- Services of Tour Manager: If guest are less than 20 Pax in the Group.
- RT- PCR, Any Entry Ticket / Monuments Entry fees, Any Extra Charges, Water, Room Services, Pooja & Prasad, VIP Entries, Boating, Beverages & Drinks, Tips & Porterage, Any personal Expenses, Telephone & Internet Expenses, water & other sports Activities.
|Days (Prior to Departure)
|Percentage of invoice
|0 to 7
|8 to 18
|19 to 30
|31 to 45
|46 to 60
|61 to 90
|91 or before
|10% or booking amount (whichever is higher)
- In case of cancelation, entire refundable amount will be given in form of a Credit Note.
- Credit Note can only be used by the person in whose name it is issued.
- Credit Note will be valid for 1 year from date of issue.
- No name change allowed after booking.
- Minimum booking amount is ₹ 10,000/- Per Person.
- Booking Amount will be non-refundable once booked.
- Hotels may collect the Refundable Security Deposits as per Hotel Policy.
- Vehicle are on Point to Point basis only, Guest has to pay the additional Charges for extra usage of vehicle.
- If the Group Tour Passengers are less than reserved Tour, then the Booking may be re-arranged as per the Available passengers in the Group Tour. If the Guests are increased / Decreased, Tour cost may vary, all the Guest will have to bear the same and bound to pay.
- As per health conditions requesting guests to please carry Medicines, Snacks, Biscuits Etc. as per your requirements.
- Please Read, Carry & follow the Service Voucher / Neem Voucher provide by Neem Holidays Private Limited, which will be issued 3 Days Prior to the Departure.
- Tour Manager Service will only be provided if the Group size is of 20 passengers or above. For group with size of less than 20 passengers, driver-cum-guide will accompany you.
- PAN Card is Mandatory at the time of booking for the every guest aged 18 years and above.
- Universal standard check-in time is 14:00 hrs & check-out time is 10:00 hrs. All Hotel stays will strictly follow these timings and passengers need to comply with the same.
- Early Check-In and/or Late Check-Out will not be possible.
- If tour get cancelled due to any Virus & Outbreaks, Covid or Similar or any Government restrictions then cancellation charges would be waived off & credit note will be given to be utilized in future.
- Neem Holidays Private Limited in no way shall be responsible for Cancellation of Flights, Change of time for Flight / Trains / Bus / Ferry, Missing of Flight / Trains / Bus / Ferry, Any kind of Medical problems or Medical emergencies, Any kind of Loss, Loss due to injury or damage to person or property in connection with the Flight, Train, Bus, Ferry, Transportation, Hotels, Airports, Water, Marine Transport, caused by acts of strikes, Riots, War, Virus Outbreak, Covid or similar, Lock-Down, pilferage, breakdown of machinery, accidents, Political disturbances, Electricity Failures, Natural Calamities, Government Policies & Permissions, Force Majeure etc.
- All the Sightseeing depends on all the Permits, weather & road condition, Land Slides, Permission from the Local / National government authorities.
- All the Sightseeing depends on subject to availibity of tickets.
- Please Note: Price hike in the Entry Tickets / Transfers / Service will be borne by guest.
- Vehicles facilities are available only Upto parking. Guest has to manage their transfer’s from parking to sightseeing Locations (if required).
- 2 Doses of vaccination are mandatory, Please carry Final Vaccination Certificate. RTPCR is required as per Local / National Government Norms.
- Itinerary may subject to change as per flight timings, weather Condition, Covid 19 Norms and SOP’s, availability of guide & entrance Tickets (if any) etc.
- Any Cost during any type of Natural Calamities / Medical Emergencies / Changes in the tour had to be payable by guest on the Spot.
- All disputes are subject to Mumbai Jurisdiction only.
- No refunds will be given for Unutilised / partially utilised services.
INR 44,750.00 / PP / (On Twin Sharing) With Flight
For more details please our website www.neemholidays.com