Want to learn, How to see deleted messages on WhatsApp? WhatsApp, one of the most popular instant messaging platforms globally, is renowned for its user-friendly interface and robust privacy features. One such feature is the ability to delete messages after they have been sent, a godsend for those instant regrets and accidental texts. However, this feature can be a double-edged sword when you’re on the receiving end, leaving you curious and perhaps frustrated about the content of the deleted messages. So, the million-dollar question is, can deleted WhatsApp messages be retrieved?
Strictly speaking, once a message is deleted by the sender, WhatsApp does not provide a straightforward or official method to retrieve it. The company prioritizes user privacy, ensuring that deleted messages are erased from both the sender’s and receiver’s devices.
How to See Deleted Messages on WhatsApp on Android Phones
WhatsApp, with its billion-plus users, is a crucial part of our digital communication. One of its intriguing features allows users to delete messages after they’ve sent them, leaving the recipient only with a tantalizing “This message was deleted” notification. But, what if you could retrieve and view that deleted message? If you’re an Android user, there’s a way. Below is a step-by-step guide to unveil those elusive deleted WhatsApp messages.
- 1. Using the Notification Log:
Step 1: Access the Notification Log.
- Long-press on an empty space on your home screen.
- From the options that appear, tap on ‘Widgets’.
- Browse through the widgets and find the one named ‘Settings’. Drag and drop it onto your home screen.
- A menu will pop up. From this list, select ‘Notification Log’.
Step 2: View Deleted Messages.
- Tap the ‘Notification Log’ shortcut you just added.
- Here, you will find all the notifications you’ve received. Look for WhatsApp notifications. The deleted message might be in the log unless your phone was restarted.
Note: This method only works if you’ve received a notification for the message. If you’ve already seen the message before it was deleted or if your phone was restarted, this method won’t work.
2. Using Third-party Apps:
There are several third-party apps available that can help you recover deleted messages. One such app is “WhatsRemoved+”.
Step 1: Download and Install.
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for “WhatsRemoved+” and install the app.
Step 2: Set up the app.
- Open the app and grant the necessary permissions.
- The app requires access to notifications, storage, and others to function correctly.
Step 3: Track and View Deleted Messages.
- Once set up, the app will monitor WhatsApp notifications. If someone sends you a message and then deletes it, the app will notify you and show you the deleted message.
Disclaimer: Always be cautious when giving permissions to third-party apps. Read user reviews and ensure you’re downloading a genuine, reputable app.
While the above methods can help you satisfy your curiosity and see deleted WhatsApp messages, it’s essential to remember and respect the essence of privacy. If someone chose to delete a message, they had their reasons. Use the above techniques responsibly, and always prioritize ethical considerations in your digital explorations.